Martes, Setyembre 3, 2013

ProFriends’ Corporate Social Responsibility

I recently discovered some of the corporate social responsibility (CSR) acts of Pro Friends (Property Company of Friends Inc). I am amazed because rarely do companies employ or have corporate social responsibility. I have seen the CSR page of PCFI on the website but it was rather brief; just stating the aim and overall summary of these CSR – Pro-Care, Pro-Education, and Pro-Team.

Anyway, here’s                one I found (just a month ago): PRO-FRIENDS Shared the Gift of Knowledge to a School in Pampanga with Knowledge Channel. Basically, Pro-Friends teamed up with Knowledge Channel Foundation Inc. to bestow teachers, students, and parents of Nueva Victoria Elementary School (Mexico Pampanga) with e-learning facilities (netbook pre-loaded with K-Channel educational videos, 32-inch LCD TV, optical mouse, external speakers, and automatic voltage regulator or AVR).

Apart from that “PRO-FRIENDS kicked-off its crystal year celebration with the ‘Run for e-Learning’ event held at the CCP open grounds last February.  The fun run aimed to sponsor three schools in Cavite, Pampanga, and Iloilo where PRO-FRIENDS projects can be found. The company, together with Knowledge Channel, was able to turn over e-learning facilities in Cavite and Pampanga. The last school to receive the package was Bolilao Elementary school in Dumangas, Iloilo.” Punto! also featured this corporate social responsibility.

Another CSR I found: PRO-FRIENDS Conducts Blood Donation Drive. PCFI employees donated blood for patients who are in need of transfusion. 45 blood bags were produced from the 9am to 6pm scheduled event. The Philippine National Red Cross was there to conduct the blood drive.

“Throughout the activity, an information campaign about the benefits of donating blood was shown through an audio-visual presentation. It also presented how the blood banks collect from its donors and how the distribution of these donations is facilitated. Inspiring stories of blood donors related how they were able to change the lives of others as well.”
I am not sure when this was held since there’s no date. I almost needed blood when I caught dengue late last year and blood really is important. Thinking about it now makes me want to go donate, too. There are more CSR projects that Pro Friends was involved in. I’m sure of that. I’m just amazed that they are not just some brand or company that only seeks profit and fame. They give back to their patrons and to the surrounding people and communities as well. That’s rare nowadays!

Update of my PCFI house: Building of my Catherine home in Lancaster will commence on January 2014. But I am expecting February or March if delays occur. You never know when another big storm or bad weather arrives; halting building operations for a while. Dyahe! I must be prepared, too, to start paying via Philippine National Bank or PNB after the payments for the deposit. I guess I’ll have to find some part-time work or stints in order to be prepared when that time comes. I can’t immediately get a renter or bed-space tenant immediately (unless I become really lucky).



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento